Tiramisu - serves 4
- ½ quantity chocolate genoise sponge. This is quite a small amount to make so I usually make a full mix, fill two 8in rings and freeze one for next time.
- 6 tsp coffee granules diluted with 1 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- 1 tbsp Tia Maria
- ½ 250g tub mascarpone cheese
- 125ml double cream
- 1 dessert spoon icing sugar
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- dark chocolate
Need some advice on ingredients see -
The wheat, gluten and lactose free store cupboard
Mix the diluted coffee, rum and Tia Maria together and pour over the chocolate Genoise in a bowl.
Whip the double cream to a soft peak and mix in a bowl with the mascarpone cheese. Add enough icing sugar to sweeten to taste and a few drops of vanilla extract.
Stir the coffee mixture to break up the sponge.
Place a large spoonful of the coffee mixture into the bottom of 4 serving glasses.
Fit a piping bag with a large star nozzle and fill with the mascarpone and cream mixture.
Layer the mascarpone and coffee mixture in the glass finishing with mascarpone and cream.
Grate plain chocolate over the top to completely cover.
how to make this recipe dairy free...
Make the chocolate sponge using dairy free margarine. Soak in the coffee mixture and rum as before. Omit the Tia Maria.
Make 1 quantity of dairy free pastry cream. Layer the custard and coffee mixture in serving glasses finishing with the custard.
Grate dairy free plain chocolate over the top.