Cookies - makes 12
- 170g gluten free plain flour
- 80g cornflour
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 150g butter, at room temperature
- 120g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk – the egg white can be frozen ready to use in other recipes such as meringue or macaroons
- 150g chocolate chips / wheat free cherries / nuts / dried fruit
Need some advice on ingredients see -
The wheat, gluten and lactose free store cupboard
Preheat oven to 180°c / 350°f / gas mark 4.
Sieve together the gluten free flour, cornflour and gluten free baking powder together four times to fully incorporate the gluten free baking powder.
Cream together the butter, sugar and egg yolk until pale.
Fold in the flour and half of the chocolate chips.
Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces, roll into balls.
Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and brush with oil.
Place the balls onto the baking tray and squash down lightly. Top with the rest of the chocolate chips.
Bake for 12 – 14 minutes. Leave on the baking tray to cool.
The cookies will be soft and chewy.
how to make this recipe dairy free...
Use dairy free margarine in place of butter.
Use dairy free chocolate chips. From your local wholefood store.