White Bread Loaf - 1lb loaf
- 200g gluten free plain flour
- 100g cornflour
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 4 tsp psyllium husk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 4 tsp (2 x 7g sachets) dried yeast
- 40ml melted dairy free margarine
- 400ml your choice of dairy free mik or water – just warm, if the water is too hot it will kill the yeast.
Need some advice on ingredients see -
The wheat, gluten and lactose free store cupboard
- Preheat the oven to 200°c / gas mark 6.
- Grease a 1 lb loaf tin, put a spoonful of gluten free flour into the tin and coat the sides. Tip out any excess flour.
- Mix together the gluten free flour, cornflour, ground almonds, xanthan gum, psyllium husk, salt, caster sugar and yeast in a large bowl.
- Weigh the dairy free margarine into a small bowl and melt in a microwave. Measure the milk.
- Pour the liquid into the flour and beat until smooth. The mixture should just be able to fall from the spoon.
- Pour into the loaf tin, level the top with a wet spoon. Cover with cling film and leave in a warm place to prove for 45 minutes.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes until brown on all sides. Take the loaf out of the tin and tap the bottom. If it is cooked it will sound hollow.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Place in an airtight container and eat within two days or freeze and eat within 3 months.