Walnut Bread Rolls - Makes 8 rolls
- 200g gluten free plain flour
- 100g cornflour
- 100g ground walnuts
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 4 tsp psyllium husk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 4 tsp (2 x 7g sachets) dried yeast
- 40ml dairy free margarine, melted
- 400ml lukewarm dairy free milk or water – just warm, if the water is too hot it will kill the yeast
- 50g roughly chopped walnuts.
Need some advice on ingredients see -
The wheat, gluten and lactose free store cupboard
- Grease or line a large baking tray.
- Blitz the walnuts in a food processor until finely ground.
- Mix together the gluten free flour, cornflour, ground walnuts, xanthan gum, psyllium husk, salt, caster sugar and yeast in a large bowl.
- Pour the liquid and melted margarine into the flour and beat until smooth. The mixture should just be able to fall from the spoon.
- Stir in the roughly chopped walnuts.
- Use an ice cream scoop or large spoon. Dip into a jug of water to stop the mixture sticking. Scoop mixture and place onto the baking tray to make 8 rolls, leave space in between to allow for the rolls to rise.
- Wet your fingers and mould each roll into the shape required.
- Leave in a warm place to prove for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°c / 400°f / gas mark 6.
- Bake for 18 minutes until golden brown. Tap the bottom of a roll. It is cooked if it sounds hollow.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack. Place in an airtight container and eat within two days or freeze and eat within 3 months.