- 150g dairy free margarine
- 150g black treacle
- 225g soft dark brown sugar
- pinch cream of tartar
Need some advice on ingredients see -
The wheat, gluten and lactose free store cupboard
- While you are preparing your pumpkin on Halloween why not make some treacle toffee ready for Bonfire night!
- Line a deep lipped baking tray with greased greaseproof paper.
- Melt the first three ingredients in a saucepan. Add the cream of tartar and boil until a sugar thermometer reads 120°c / 250°f. Pour onto the baking tray and leave to set.
- Smash with a toffee hammer when ready to eat.