Teacakes - Makes 8
- 200g gluten free plain flour
- 100g cornflour
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 4 tsp psyllium husk
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g caster sugar
- 8 tsp (4 x 7g sachets) dried yeast
- 100g currants
- 80g dairy free margarine, melted
- 320ml dairy free milk
- 50g caster sugar
Need some advice on ingredients see -
The wheat, gluten and lactose free store cupboard
- Grease or line a baking tray.
- Mix together the gluten free plain flour, cornflour, ground almonds, xanthan gum, psyllium husk, salt, sugar and yeast.
- Mix in the currants.
- Pour in the melted dairy free margarine with the dairy free milk. Beat until smooth.
- Scoop the mixture onto the baking tray to make 8 buns.
- Wet your fingers and mould each bun into a round, flat shape. Brush the top with melted dairy free margarine.
- Leave in a warm place to prove for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°c / 400°f / gas mark 6.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes until golden brown. Tap the bottom of a bun if it sounds hollow it is cooked.
- Leave on a wire rack to cool.
- Make a syrup – place 50g caster sugar and 50ml water into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Brush the top of each bun with the syrup.
To serve- cut each teacake in half and toast. Spread with butter and jam.