Swiss Buns - Makes 8
- 200g gluten free plain flour
- 100g cornflour
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 4 tsp psyllium husk
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g caster sugar
- 8 tsp (4 x 7g sachets) dried yeast
- 80g dairy free margarine, melted
- 350ml dairy free milk
- Fondant icing sugar
Need some advice on ingredients see -
The wheat, gluten and lactose free store cupboard
- Grease a baking tray.
- Mix together the gluten free flour, cornflour, ground almonds, xanthan gum, psyllium husk, salt, sugar and yeast.
- Melt the dairy free margarine and pour into the flour with the dairy free milk, beat until smooth.
- Scoop the mixture onto the baking tray to make 8 buns.
- Wet your fingers and mould each bun into a finger shape.
- Leave in a warm place to prove for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°c / 400°f / gas mark 6.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes until golden brown. Tap the bottom of a bun, if it sounds hollow it is cooked.
- Leave on a wire rack to cool.
- Make up the fondant by mixing to a stiff consistency with water. Spread over the top of each bun.
- Eat within 2 days or if freezing the buns it is best to freeze without the fondant then add the fondant when defrosted.