Summer Pudding - serves 6
- 12 slices gluten free bread
- 450g mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 100g caster sugar
Need some advice on ingredients see -
The wheat, gluten and lactose free store cupboard
- Place the berries and caster sugar into a saucepan. Add enough water to come halfway up the fruit.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Line 6 dariole moulds or ramekins with cling film.
- Cut out two rectangles from six slices of bread to line the sides of the moulds. Cut out 2 circles to fit the top and bottom of each mould.
- Dip the bottom circles into the fruit mixture then place at the bottom of each mould.
- Next dip the rectangle shapes of bread into the fruit mixture and place around the side of each mould so they meet at each end. If they do not meet, add another slice of bread.
- Distribute the fruit between the moulds. Top up with the juice. Pour the remaining juice through a sieve and keep for serving with the puddings.
- Dip the other circle of bread into the juice and place on top and press down. Leave in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve, lift the cling film and it will pull the pudding out of the mould. Place onto serving plates.
- Bring the remaining juice to the boil. Mix 1 tbsp arrowroot with a dessert spoon full of water and whisk into the juice to thicken.
- Brush each pudding with the thickened juice to give the pudding a nice glaze.
- Serve with cream or dairy free cream.