Stollen - Serves 8 – 10
- 100g gluten free plain flour
- 50g cornflour
- 50g ground almonds
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp psyllium husk
- ½ tsp salt
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 4 tsp (2 x 7g sachets) dried yeast
- 50g sultanas
- 20g gluten free glace cherries, chopped
- 15g gluten free mixed peel
- 25g chopped almonds
- 30g dairy free margarine, melted
- 175ml your choice of dairy free milk
- 120g gluten free marzipan
Need some advice on ingredients see -
The wheat, gluten and lactose free store cupboard
- Grease a 1 lb loaf tin, put a spoonful of gluten free plain flour into the tin and coat the sides. Tip out any excess flour.
- Mix together the gluten free plain flour, cornflour, ground almonds, xanthan gum, psyllium husk, salt, caster sugar, mixed spice and yeast in a large bowl.
- Mix in the sultanas, cherries, mixed peel and chopped almonds.
- Pour in the melted dairy free margarine and dairy free milk and beat until smooth. The mixture should just be able to fall from the spoon.
- Pour half of the mixture into the loaf tin, level with a wet spoon. Make the marzipan into a sausage shape as long as the loaf and sit on top of the mixture. Cover with the rest of the batter.
- Cover with cling film and leave in a warm place to prove for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°c / 400°f / gas mark 6.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until brown on all sides. Take the loaf out of the tin and tap the bottom. If it is cooked it will sound hollow.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Dredge the top with icing sugar.
- Place in an airtight container and eat within two days or freeze and eat within 3 months.