Peppermint Slice - 12 / 14 servings
- 375g dairy free margarine
- 180g caster sugar
- 250g gluten free plain flour
- 200g maize flour or cornflour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 200g wheat free fondant sugar
- few drops peppermint oil
- 160g dairy free plain chocolate
Need some advice on ingredients see -
The wheat, gluten and lactose free store cupboard
- Preheat oven to 180°c / 350°f / gas mark 4.
- Mix together the dairy free margarine and caster sugar.
- Mix in the gluten free flour, maize flour, and cocoa powder to form a dough.
- Line a 12 x 8in brownie tin with greaseproof paper.
- Press the dough into the brownie tin and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Make up the fondant icing as instructed on the pack. Add a few drops of peppermint oil to taste. Spread over the biscuit base.
- Melt the dairy free chocolate and spread over the fondant.
- Leave to set. Cut into 12 – 14 pieces.
Gem's hints and tips
If you can’t find maize flour then cornflour is easily available and makes a good substitute.
There isn’t much difference but I do prefer maize flour. See resources.