Honey Loaf - 1lb loaf
- 200g gluten free plain flour
- 100g cornflour
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 4 tsp psyllium husk
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g honey
- 8 tsp (4 x 7g sachets) dried yeast
- 80g dairy free margarine, melted
- 400 ml your choice of dairy free milk
- 50 – 100g extra honey
Need some advice on ingredients see -
The wheat, gluten and lactose free store cupboard
- Grease a 1 lb loaf tin, put a spoonful of gluten free plain flour into the tin and coat the sides. Tip out any excess flour.
- Mix together the gluten free plain flour, cornflour, ground almonds, xanthan gum, psyllium husk, salt and yeast in a large bowl.
- Warm the honey on a medium heat in a microwave and mix together with the melted margarine and dairy free milk.
- Check the liquid is lukewarm, pour into the flour and beat until smooth. The mixture should just be able to fall from the spoon.
- Pour into the loaf tin, level the top with a wet spoon. Cover with cling film and leave in a warm place to prove for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°c / 400°f / gas mark 6.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes until brown on all sides. Take the loaf out of the tin and tap the bottom. If it is cooked it will sound hollow.
- Warm the extra honey and pour over the loaf while it is still warm.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Place in an airtight container and eat within two days or freeze and warm before eating.