Focaccia - Makes 1 large bread
- 100g gluten free plain flour
- 50g cornflour
- 50g ground almonds
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp psyllium husk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp (1 sachet) dried yeast
- 15ml olive oil
- 200ml lukewarm dairy free milk or water – just warm, if it is too hot it will kill the yeast
Need some advice on ingredients see -
The wheat, gluten and lactose free store cupboard
- Grease or line a large baking tray.
- Mix together the gluten free flour, cornflour, ground almonds, xanthan gum, psyllium husk, salt, caster sugar and yeast in a large bowl.
- Measure the olive oil and dairy free milk together.
- Pour the liquid into the flour and beat until smooth. The mixture should just be able to fall from the spoon. Spread the dough over the baking sheet with the back of a spoon about 2 cm thick.
- Wet your fingers and push into the dough leaving holes all over.
- Prepare topping of choice and sprinkle over the bread with olive oil and salt.
- Leave in a warm place to prove for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°c / 400°f / gas mark 6.
- Bake for 13 – 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack. Place in an airtight container and eat within two days or freeze and eat within 3 months.