Florentine Biscuits - makes 12
- 50g dairy free margarine
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 tsp honey
- 50g gluten free plain flour
- 35g wheat free mixed peel
- 35g wheat free glace cherries
- 160g dairy free ‘milk’ or plain chocolate
Need some advice on ingredients see -
The wheat, gluten and lactose free store cupboard
- Preheat oven to 180°c / 350°f / gas mark 4.
- Melt the dairy free margarine, sugar and honey in a saucepan and mix in the dry ingredients.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and brush with oil.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the tray, spaced apart and bake for 15 minutes until golden. Leave to cool on the tray for five minutes before transferring to a cooling wire.
- When the Florentines are cold melt the dairy free chocolate in the microwave. Dip one side into the chocolate and leave to set.