Christmas Pudding - 2 pint pudding basin - 8 / 10 servings
- 75g raisins
- 75g sultanas
- 35g currants
- 35g wheat free mixed peel
- 150g demerara sugar
- 50g gluten free plain flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp black treacle
- 75g white vegetable fat, melted
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- ½ orange, zest and juice
- 90 ml gluten free stout (available from supermarkets and specialist shops)
- 45ml brandy
Need some advice on ingredients see -
The wheat, gluten and lactose free store cupboard
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Get all of the family to have a stir for good luck! The mixture will be runny at first, leave to stand for 30 minutes then stir again.
- Spoon into a greased 2 pt pudding basin, cover with a circle of greaseproof paper and tin foil leaving space to expand.
- Steam for 6 – 8 hours. The pudding will be darker the longer it is steamed. If you do not have a steamer, place the basin (not plastic) in a large saucepan. Pour boiling water to reach half way up the pudding basin. Place a lid on the saucepan and place on a low heat. Check the water level regularly and top up when required. Do not let the pan boil dry.
- Cover the pudding with fresh greaseproof paper and tin foil and store in a cool place until required.
- To reheat – steam for two hours or reheat in a microwave and serve with brandy sauce.