Brandy Snap Biscuits - makes 10 cigars or 6 baskets
- 225g caster sugar
- 110g golden syrup
- 165g dairy free margarine
- 110g maize flour
- ½ tsp ground ginger
Need some advice on ingredients see -
The wheat, gluten and lactose free store cupboard
- Preheat oven to 200°c / 400°f /gas mark 6.
- Place caster sugar, golden syrup and dairy free margarine into a large saucepan and melt over a low heat.
- Stir in the maize flour and ground ginger.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and brush with oil.
- Place teaspoons of the mixture onto the tray and bake for 10 minutes until brandy coloured.
- Cigars – leave to cool for one minute then using a palette knife roll up into a cigar shape, you may find it easier to wrap it round the handle of a wooden spoon. They can be filled with flavoured cream or served with a dessert.
- Baskets – place dariole moulds or small ramekins on to a tray. Leave brandy snaps to cool for one minute then lift with a palette knife and place over the dariole mould to create a basket. Leave to cool. Fill with whipped cream and fresh fruit or ice cream.